Tight chest, abnormal breathing, back pain, pain in the ribcage. Can smoking cause this?

Hi, is anyone there. Last night I felt my chest was a bit tighter than usual. I didn t think anything of it until today at work it suddenly got worse. It feels like someone has kicked me in the sternum. When i take deep breaths It doesn t hurt but it feels weird. My chest and breathing is definitely not normal. For the past few weeks I have been having back pain due to my job, and as recent as 2 weeks ago I have had a pain in my right side under my rib cage due to pulling something I believe. The pain has gone away for the most part but then now my chest is doing as I described. Could this be related? I am 30, a male, and I smoke a few cigarets a day. No recent drug or alcohol use. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Asked On : Fri, 2 Nov 2012