Tight and sore neck, taking massage therapy. Should go for chiropractor? Muscular or skeletal problem?

I am a hairdresser with 20 years experience and have had neck issues - tightness, soreness. I saw a doctor about 5 weeks ago when it got really bad - the pain is now traveling into my arms and affecting my sleep. She prescribed massage therapy and muscle relaxers. I have had 6 massages and gone thru the prescription (i still have a refill) of the muscle relaxers and it hasn t gotten much better at all. I recently went to a chiropractor and after taking x-rays, he wants to put me on a nearly 2-year program with him because he says my spine is out of whack especially in the neck area. I really think it is a muscular problem rather than a skeletal problem so i am iffy on whether to keep going to the chiropractor. I have another appt with my doctor for next week to discuss this but was curious if you have any thoughts?
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012