Tick bite on testicles, swelling on posterior cervical lymph with rashes. Chances of developing other diseases as Doxycycline is ineffective?

Hello, I am a 25 year old male, no allergies or serious surgery s of any kind. I recently went to Missouri (2 weeks ago) to visit family and got bit by a tick on my testicles. I felt it and removed it pulling the whole tick out. Well a couple days ago my posterior cervical lymph node became swollen, as well as the back right side of my head. A rash appeared as a small bulls-eye and small red bumps/rash appeared in the same area. I also am completely fatigued and have body aches all over. My neck is probably the sorest and also I am experiencing horrible headaches . I went to a Doc in a box, care now, and was prescribed Tramadol for the headaches and Doxycycline Hyclate for the possible infection. The doctor said I could possible have a tick delivered disease such as Lyme disease or rocky mountain spotted fever, or a couple other. He had taken blood samples and sent them off for diagnosis. My question is because I could of possiblly been bitten on the head and not realized it, is there more of a threat with any of these disease as opposed to another place on the body, (blood brain barrier..ect)? Also, given the fact that its hard to diagnose within a month of the bite, are there any other diseases that could be developing with the Doxyclycline not effective against? I m normally not a hypochondriac about anything except my Father passed away from complications of Lyme disease and I m more eager to learn about the possible diseases because of it. I really appreciate it. Sean
Asked On : Sat, 25 Aug 2012