Thyronorm prescribed for low T3 levels. Weight gain. Is this medicine effective?

Over te passed year i gained almost 5 kg. got my thyroid tested and I have been diagnosed with low t3 levels and normal t4 and tsh level. Doctor prescribed thyronorm. Will this be beneficial. I do feel a burst in energy levels and decreased body and joint pain and general tiredness. I have began exercising (walking and jogging combination) for about an hour a day. Will I see a difference in weight? I was walking regularly previously too but for a shorter time period. It s my wedding in 5 months, and I want my old weight back. Is the gain possibly from an under active thyroid?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013