Thyroid ultrasound showed a small nodule on left side of thyroid, reports said between adenoma and carcinoma. Diagnosis?

I had an ultrasound on my thyroid the other day as they spotted a small nodule on the left side of my thyroid. I am having a biopsy next week as the report recommended same. Measures l.7x0.8x0.8cm, and is solid in nature. Radiology report stated: between adenoma and carcinoma . I have no symptoms whatsoever, and this was discovered while having an ultrasound on my arteries in neck which my dr. has done about every two to three weeks as she is a very proactive dr. What are your thoughts. TY Marcia
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012