Thyroid removed due to abnormal growth. Been diagnosed with chronic AND acute RA. What is it?

I am scared to death.. My father (family history of ovarian , breast cancer accompanied by all brothers dying of hearth problems of one sort or the other and sisters having ovarian/breast cancer to handle)... Lived to the ripe old age of 63 b/c he forgot to tell us he needed treatment to live. Next, my mom (Schmitz paranoid) forgot to tell my brother and I of her family history... She died 23 days post diag of stag 4 mast liver cancer .., found out 3 of her siblings had died of mast cancer of either stomach, liver or kidney .... Where do I stand.... I am now 45, but had thyroid removed at 27 due to abnormal (Non malignant) growths.... I have since been diagnosed with chronic AND acute (you figure) RA?. I do not question the diagnosis, but their means of treatment... I do not want injections and monthly cancer treatments if avoidable. I also do not want to resume a regimens of pain meds to treat. That is nothing other than torture in and of itself... Unless you have a countdown, no one should ever cross that threshold.
Asked On : Sat, 21 Jul 2012