Thyroid detected in ultrasound. How serious is the condition. Possible treatment?

hi, my sister went through below tests UltraSound neck of neck - findings: thyroid : thyroid gland is normal size and shows diffusely altered echopattern with hypoechoich micronodules throughout the gland. the surface appears nodular. righ lobe measures 4.3*1.8*1.6 cms leftlobe measures 4.0*1.7*1.3cms lsthmus measures 3.8 mm the parotid and submandibular glands are normal they are intraparotid lymph nodes on both sides,largest measuring 10*5 mm on left side Bilateral submandibular lymbh nodes are also mildly enlarged,largest measuring 17*6mm on rightside Impression Normal sized thyroid gland with diffuse hypoechoic nodules I m much worried about this. kinldy suggest is this very critical and can you please suggest doctors in bangalore. thanks, Regards, basha
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013