Thumb smashed, sharp throbbing pain, swollen. What to do ?

In practice today I got my thumb smashed when blocking a kids shot. Now every time I put pressure on my thumb it hurts a lot... like a sharp pain. It throbs and is very soar when not even touching it and it is swollen. It hurts very badly in the proximal phalanx.. a very sharp pain that hurts when I move it, touch it, or do nothing. What injury is this and what do I need to do about it. I am worried because I have my championship game tomorrow but my thumb hurts when I touch the ball very badly.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Please take an Antibiotic and anti inflammatory drug with muscle relaxant.
It could be simple sprain.
But,you should consult your Orthopaedician to rule out bony injury.
Wish you speedy recovery