Thumb smashed in car door. Applied antibiotic, band aid. Kept nail, cuticle moist. Medical care required?

Smashed my thumb in a car door a week and a half ago. Put holes in my nail to relieve pressure, and a lot of blood . Kept pooling up, and kept relieving. Put antibiotic cream on and a loose bandaid on, and keeping the nail an cuticle moist to try to keep the nail from falling off. Just noticed now that the cuticle is starting to detach from the skin, and stuck(dried) up on the nail. It has only just begun to detach. Have not seen a physician.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013