Thumb pops and gets stuck on moving, does not bend post a fall, wrist sprain. Should I keep trying to bend it?

Hi, I self diagnosed my thumb a few weeks ago (rt hand , rt handed) as trigger thumb. It pops when I move it and gets stuck alittle bit. I fell 4 days ago and now I cannot bend my thumb. There is no bruising and very little swelling . I sprained my wrist at the same time, splinted that, and it is tons better. I have full range of movement in my thumb, I just cannot bend it. Should I splint my thumb or keep trying to use and bend it? Lynn
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012