Thumb and index finger injured, vision blurred, dizziness after an accident. Normal?

I just hit my hand not too long ago by accident on the corner of the wall. It was right in between the thumb and index finger . I touched it after and it hurt like crazy, so I was going to go call my father and suddenly my vision went blurry. My hearing became muffled and I was stumbling around the place like a fool, collapsing once or twice as I tried to make it to the bathroom since I felt like I needed to throw up. Right after, I went to stand up and almost collapsed again. I m back to normal now, but I d like to know what I could ve possibly done to my hand. It s not pain to the point of not being able to use it, but it hurts when I move my thumb back.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Critical Care Specialist 's  Response
Hi thanks for your question.
Don't waste any more time sitting at your home. Rush to ER, get your CT scan head done to rule out any bleed inside your brain. Blurring of vision, muffled hearing and stumbling around all could be due to concussion. Any small bleed this time can increase and can cause much problem later on. Injury to thumb and index finger can be managed later on.
Hope this answers your question