Thumb and fingers tingling and numb, heart palpitations, heart beat slow and fast, family history of irregular heartbeat

I ve been having this tingling and numbness in my left thumb and the tips of my fingers for a few months. I ve also been having heart palpatations (sp).. like this weird tingling and fluttery feeling around my heart. I felt my pulse and my heart was pounding and beating really fast, then it suddenly slowed down really heavy. Is this a concern? It s certainely causing discomfort, and heart problems such as irregular heartbeat do run in the family.
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012