Throbbing thumb pain with soreness, warm to touch, no injury. What is the cause and remedy?

Hi there, I am having a throbbing pain in my thumb and I don t recall smashing it with anything. It s almost like I feel my heartbeat in my thumb and it feels hot and sore. I just cut my nails shorter to see If it would help. I ve had this before but I usually just wait it out a while. The nail is not black, basically appears normal. Any suggestions to relieve pain and what is it exactly?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012
Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement 's  Response
It is difficult to comment about thumb pain with such short history. I would suggest you to show it to neurologist and discuss this condition with him. I would suggest you to take Pregabalin and Methycobal tablet for pain relief. Most probably it is a temporary pinch nerve in neck.