Throbbing spot above ear. Have heart failure. What could it be?

Hello and merry Christmas to you! I m worried because for a week now, I have a throbbing spot above my left ear. It feels like a throbbing vein or artery . It happens on many occasions during the day and it pulsates in the same rhythm as my heart. I can strongly feel the throbbing with my finger . I have heart failure , has it got to do with that? What could it be? Should I be worried, call the emergency doctor (on the second day of Christmas my doctor doesn t practice)? Thank you so much for your attention and reply! May God bless you and yours, Annemieke, Netherlands
Asked On : Sat, 29 Dec 2012