Throbbing sensation in the head, pain on touching, no problems with vision. Normal results for all tests. Cause?

Hi my name is Jane and I m 35 years old. I don t smoke or drink. However I drink one cup of coffe with cream every morning. My last physical was 3 months ago. According to my doctor I m in pretty good health. My question is I ve been feeling throbbing sensation in my head and when I touch my head it hurts. In addition I don t have any problems with my vision .
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jun 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having throbbing sensation in the head and pain on touching... These problems are usually found in local inflammatory lesions affecting the area or in systemic diseases like giant cell arteritis.
Since your last physical examination was done about 3 months back, you need to get examination to rule out giant cell arteritis.

Hence I advice you to consult your doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.

Thank you