Throbbing recurring pain in arm, tingling in fingers. Anything to worry ?

I have had Implanon for two and a half years now. A few days ago I rolled my coat sleeve up on top of it and didn t notice how tight it was. The arm started throbbing and I took the coat off. The elastic band going through the cuff left a mark around my bicep, right over the insert. It appeared to be bent at that time, with an angle in the bend. The following day and since, it appears straight but I have been having recurring pain above and below the insert down thru my left hand as well as some tingling in my fingers. We just moved and my doctor is in another state. I made an appointment with an unknown doctor but the appointment is a week away. Could I be harming myself by waiting?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013