Throbbing, pus, continuous soreness and redness on the toe after stubbing it. Treatment required?

I stubbed my big left toe a few days ago. Last night it started throbbing. I went for my regular pedicure today. I told the girl, I have been going to her for years, that my toe hurt. She took a disinfected tool and pulled back the skin beside my big toe. There was pus there, she removed it and cleaned around the area and then put an antiseptic on it. Hours later, my toe is still sore and red. Should I seek medical attention?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
If the pus had been removed by a clean procedure - everything will settle down soon. It is a question of time.
If pain, redness or swelling continues more than a day, you must see a doctor. You may need antibiotic and/or further debridement. In the mean time. you can use over the counter anti-inflammatory drugs for temporary help
God luck