Throbbing pain in the neck radiating to the arms. Need to get an MRI?

Recently been diagnosed with two bone spurs in my neck . My pain changes location from the back of my head (when I m laying down) to my lower neck on the right side close to my shoulder blade (when I m sitting or standing) and also behind my eyes. The pain is throbbing, lasts for days at a time and shoots all the way down my right arm sometimes. Also my eyes are very light sensitive and it hurts to read for long periods. Should I get an MRI? I m a 45 year old woman.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013