Likely you are suffering from fissure an anal region due to constipation
and it is likely the cause of bleeding
1) Avoid constipation
2) Avoid straining for stools
3) Apply some local anesthetic
jelly before passing stools and thrice a day in anal area to relieve pain and spasm.
For prevention of constipation
1) Drink 2 -3 litres of water
2) Take fiber rich food (salads, fruits)
3) Can take stool softners like liquid paraffin
4) get your thyroid
checked and stool examined later to rule out other causes of constipation
Hope this answers your query.
Please do reply in case of any further questions.
Wish her a speedy recovery.