Throbbing pain in head, tingling sensation at right arm. Taking ibroprofene and anti-inflammatory tablets. Need to ask a doctor?

hi i ve been experiencing pain in the right side of my head, it has been an on and off pain for about 5 weeks and for the last 6 days it has continued to be a deep throbbing pain. Every so often i get an intense stabbing pain which lasts for about 1 minute. This will sometimes send a tingerling sensation down my right arm . When i lay down my body will start to go numb which starts in my face and works down my body. I find that bright light and noises effect it even more. I went to the A and E today and the lady that i saw was a practice nurse said she thinks its a trapped nerve within my back. I have been taking ibroprofene and anti-inflamatry tablets but it hasn t seemed to ease the pain. She then said if it doesn t ease within a few days i will need to go back. Please could you give me anymore information on what this could be. Thank you Chloe
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013