Throbbing pain from knee downwards, numbness in leg, cold knee. History of fall. Reason, treatment?

i slipped on fell last week and landed on my right knee . I was treated in the ER, x-ray and was told no breaks, but it could be just a pulled muscle. I am able to walk, but with a limp, the weight shoots a pain through my leg. For the past few days I have had knobbness in my leg. My knee is cold and below my knee to my foot is hot. I have a lot of burnig in my leg. It feels like I have ice hot on my leg. My leg also has a continues throbbing pain from the knee to my toes. Is there something more wrong with me then what I was told. It hurts so bad at times i can not sleep at night.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Aug 2012