Throbbing pain behind head, neck pain on standing up, bending. Treatment for headaches?

For three days my head has been pounding when I stand up or bend over. It is mostly in the back of my head, and the pounding is worse than it was when it started. At the beginning there was only the pain when I stood, but now there is some overall pain at all times. Also, yesterday my neck began to hurt some, especially on the right side. I have never had a headache before.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
It seems from the history that you are having headache associated with neck pain and it is increasing on bending forwards.
This can be because of primary headaches like migraine or because of problems affecting the neck like spondylosis.
As of now you can take analgesic and antiinflammatory drugs for pain relief.
Later you need evaluation by your doctor to find out the underlying cause and treatment accordingly.

Thank you