Throbbing in the same spot at the back of calf during periods, numerous broken veins in the same area. Possible causes?

Im 43 and every time i get my period i have throbbing in my right leg in the same place in the back of my calf . I usually end up having to put surgical compression hose on to get relief. It has happened as long as i can remember sometimes worse than others. I also have a lot of broken veins in the same area. I have even been to a vascular surgeon who shot a vein behind my knee with a solution thinking that would help. didnt help and its so frusturating. Any insight on this would be so appreciated. Thanks
Asked On : Thu, 6 Dec 2012