Throbbing headache starts from exercising till night. Any suggestions?

Hello sir, I am a 21yrs old male, from Assam a district of India, I have been doing workouts at a Gym since 7 months, but since last few days I have been facing a problem of a throbbing Headache at the back of my head that starts right from my warm up sessions till I sleep at night, the next morning when I get up it disappears ! I would be of great help if you could help me , Sir !
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012
Neurologist 's  Response
Nov 2013

Thank you for posting your query.

I have noted your symptoms. The description seems to be suggestive of migraine.

In migraine, one can get headaches after work outs, which by definition lasts from 4-72 hours.

There may be a feeling of nausea or vomiting may occur.

You can take preventive medications such as flunarizine or beta blockers to reduce the severity and frequency of headaches.

If symptoms do not resolve, please get a brain scan done.

I hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.
Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology)
Senior Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My blog: