Throbbing calf strain. Have pulled muscle. Will vitamin d3 help?

I have a right calf strain that has gone from hurting a few days at a time during the past 5 months and has now turned into throbbing and aching and waking me up in the middle of the night for 5 nights straight. I am 37 and have been working out 6-7 days a week, sometimes twice a day. I stretch well before and after my workouts, but I have pulled muscles from time to time. This particular problem has seemed to get worse and not healed itself. I had heard that i needed more vitamin d3 to help heal the tears in the muscle . Maybe I should ice it? But I need someone to help, because I can t sleep through the night anymore - the dull to sharp aching is constant for hours during the night and I do get up and stretch it, but nothing seems to permenanty help. Help?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012