Throbbing and tingling pain in hand and swelling. Taking Aleve, with temporary relief. Suggestion?

My 13 year old daughter awoke as normal 4 days ago but with immediate throbbing and tingling pain running from the tip of the middle finger to the middle of the hand. I assumed she had likely slept on it . There is no known trauma and it is her non-dominant hand. The pain persists and swelling has increased over the last 4 days. A non-weight bearing x-ray was taken which was negative for fracture and dislocation. It is very painful to outstretch finger or touch any area from the fingertip to the palm. Immobilization and Aleve have provided the most relief. But as soon as the Aleve wears off, the pain returns. She did take Tylenol , but the Aleve seems to work better. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  48 Awaiting Answer