Throbbing and pimples on thighs.Taking clorimazole-betamethasone ointment. STD?

I have been having this issue for 11 days. It started as a throbbing in my thighs and what looks like some pimples on them. It escalated to what felt like a sweat rash in my groin area/inner thighs but only saw some small pink pimples and raised bumps at the ends of my hair follicles. No amount of powder or vasaline seemed to make a difference. Doctor said it doesn t look like herpes and nothing to test since they aren t open. He prescribed clorimazole- betamethasone ointment which after using symptoms did seem to decrease, however after 48 hrs my testicles got extremely red and itchy. I was using at the same time Johnsons baby powder with aloe and vitamine E. After washing my testicles off and changing my underwear the itching stopped but the redness hasn t decreased. The doctor said to stop using the cream and prescribed hydocortisone valerate and said if it doesn t improve after 48 hours to see a dermatologist. I havent used the clorimazole-betamethasone in 36 hours and the thobbing in my leg is back and i noticed that there are still few pimples and discolored spots on my inner thigh reaching down to my knee. I never had anything like this before and am freaking out. Should I be worried about STD?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012