Throat swelling, pink spots behind tongue, travelling towards throat. Causes?

I have a slightly inflamed throat and for the first time this morning I noticed pink dots/spots/circles on the back of my tongue . They are on either side of my tongue and travel down towards my throat in an upside down V shape. It feels like they may continue down my throat. There is no pain whatsoever. What is this????
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012
Dentist 's  Response
Hello, thank you for consulting with us. the type of pink circles you are noticing on the back side of your tongue and as you are mentioning they are upside down in V shape it seems to be papilla of the tongue responsible for taste sensation, there is no need to worry about that, but you should visit an ENT specialist for your throat infection.