Throat polyp near vocal chords causing voice hoarseness, advised surgery for removal. Other treatment options?

My doctor has informed me of a Throat Polyp forming near my vocal cords in my throat which is causing my hoarse voice. He has advised me absolute voice rest for 7 days and if less improvement happens after 15 days, i may need to undergo a surgery to remove the polyp. After surgery my voice will be completely back to normal. May i know is there any other solution apart from this to remove or dissolve the Polyp? What kind of surgery i shall undergo? it is dangerous? Are there any side effects of this surgery? Is it life threatening? Please give your valuable suggestion. Thanks in advance.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Jun 2012