Throat pain, swollen tonsils. On antibiotics. Had mono infection in the past. Need tonsils to be removed?

Hi. I ve had mono about 3 years ago and recently I had troat pain and swollen tonsils. When I went to the docs she put me on an antibiotic and told me to take ibuprofen for the pain. I have noticed that my symptoms of swollen tonsils with white stuff on them, and having trouble eating, swollowing anything even my own spit, or talking, my ears began to hurt very bad but it seems as if my symptoms are all occurong on only my left side. It hurts when I lay my head on that side and idk what to do anymore. It hurts really bad. Help . are there any suggestions of what I shld do? this mono again? When will I feel better? How long will it last? I m extremely scared and the pain is unbearable at times? u think they will allow me to get my tonsils removed now? Thanks for your help.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013