Throat pain, hurts to swallow, difficulty breathing after strangling with lanyard. What should I do?

I forgot to take the lanyard off my next last Tuesday night before sleeping. Since I m a messy sleeper, I strangled myself with it. Until today my throat hurts, every swallow hurts and I have a hard time breathing . It feels like something s blocking my throat. I can t burp properly after eating. I cough and get dizzy from time to time. Yesterday was worse. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 11 Nov 2012
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

You should consider assessment by an ENT doctor. It is possible that injury may have occur to the structures in the throat that may require treatment.

Injury could occur to the larynx, fracture of the hyoid bone.

This would be determine by physical examination and appropriate treatment can be started.

I hope this helps