Throat irritation post ear wax removal. Had treatment for viral infections. Is it due to improper wax removal?

I went to the walk in clinic on tuesday for a cold that i had for about a week.i was told that it was viral and that my symptoms should pass. She also told me I had significant wax build up in my right ear, and that she could remove it. I agreed, and she used an instrument to get it out. it was quite uncomfortable, and caused me to cough several times. Wednesday, my cold symptoms eased, but i had what felt like a soar throat only when I swallowed, on the right side of my throat. it was painful enough to disrupt my sleep. the pain continued again this past night. my cold symptoms have just about cleared, but this soarness has persisted. could this be irritation from the ear wax removal ,will it pass, or should i go back to see if something went wrong. the woman who performed the removal was in training under the P.A s supervision. Thank you.....Mike
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012