Throat irritation, cough. Hiatus hernia diagnosed. On treatment for acid reflux and nerve pain. Gas problem and heaviness in stomach

I am 70 years old. For two years I've had an irritation in my throat and a cough. My doctor has sent me for chest xray, c.t. scan, endoscopy and e.n.t. scan but nothing shows up except a small hiatus hernia. I am being treated for acid reflux with lansoprozole but it doesn't seem to have any affect. I also take lyrica for a longstanding nerve pain twice a day which I've taken for years. Lately I have had very loose bowel movement accompanied by a thick head and have sometimes needed to go to the toilet two or three times a day. I am also getting a lot of smelly wind and a feeling of heaviness on my stomach after eating which persists for a couple of hours. I am worried it may be cancer but the specialist does not seem to think so. I went to see him about 6 months ago and he diagnosed acid reflux. However as his treatment doesn't work so I am still worried.. .
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013