Throat infection, red and irritated, hand and feet itchy, given antibiotic. Cause?

my 16 year old son went to the doctor this morning and they treated him with infection for his throat . It was really red and irretated. They gave him an antibiotic which he has not yet taken. His feet started itching really bad and now his hands are itching. I know it isn t an allergic reaction because he hasn t taken anything. Any ideas of what this could be???
Asked On : Sun, 10 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello !

It is likely to be chicken pox or measles or a viral infection and i think you should take him to the doctor again for confirming this and changing the medications.