Throat hurts while smoking, nasty cough, raspy voice, cause?

anytime i smoke a cigar my throat hurts on the right side. my throat hurt for 2 or 3 days and at first i thought it was the glands where you get strep throat , but i found it to be below on my neck. i have a nasty cough that ive had a few days too. and it doesnt just hurt when i swallow or eat, or smoke now, it just starts hurting for no reason, my voice is kinda raspy too. and i got a lot of gross stuff that i cough up too. what could this mean?
Asked On : Sun, 8 Apr 2012