Throat hurts from smoking 5 cigarettes a day, stinging pain in ucipital mapilary. Any home remedy ?

Throat hurts from smoking 5 cigarettes a day the last 7-8 days. I have smoked on and off for the last year but only 2 max in a day. My throat does not hurt constantly (a dull ache) but when I press just above, and to the right, of my ucipital mapilary there is a stinging pain (as if it is being burnt from the inside). Can you tell me what home remedy I might try, how long this issue will last, and, of course, what it is I may possibly have done to myself (naturally I will not be smoking for the foreseeable future).
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012
The kind of pain you are describing could be due to many reasons, most commonest being some kind of infection or trauma. It should not last for more that 3-4 days and should improve without any treatment. Betadine gargles will help you along with some warm saline gargles. Amon the home remedy, honey will help along with lots of vitamin C like lemonade.
Smoking is bad and can cause cancer too and you should stop smoking.
Hope i am able to solve your query,
Have a nice day.