Throat feels tight, swollen tongue. Have hyperthyroidism

I ve been diagnosed with hyper thyroidism before but was told it went into remission. Lately I ve been feeling like the back of my throat is really tight and was hoping it wouldn t related to the previous matter. I ve been drinking plenty of water but I just feel this constant tightness in the back of my throat like my tongue is swollen and is taking up the room in my throat
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it is very rare to have a swollen tongue in hyperthyroidism, so you dont have to worry. i would recommend you meet your ENT doctor, who can examine your throat and tell you what is going on in there. thanks