Throat discomfort, trouble swallowing, hurts to touch jaw line, swollen. Any suggestions?

Two days ago I swallowed and it was followed by a weird sensation on the left side of my throat and a little trouble swallowing , Now I wake up this AM with discomfort on my left side jaw line in front of my ear, hurts to touch and feels a little swollen. My ear and teeth are fine no pain there.No congestion or cold either. Any suggestions on what this may be?
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response
hello. it is likely that the salivary gland near your jaw called parotid gland is swollen and infected. kindly meet your ENT doctor.. he will examine you and do the needful. regards