Throat congestion, chest tightness, frequent burps. Need help

hellow..this is sila.. it had been 3 days now n i have been gettin a blocking-feelin in my chest (specifically my food tube) i think it s what u call oesophagus...when i eat and drink, there s no problem, there s no difficulties in both drinkin and eating...but it feels like the food is not gettin through to my stomach ..somewhere in my chest there s a tight feeling..when i burb, it feels relief, for only few seconds then the blockage feeling is makes me wanna burb everytime because my chest feel relieved..please help me with this...:( :( i really need ur help..
Asked On : Tue, 22 Jan 2013
Hello and welcome,

What we need to understand is that this is most probably a condition relating to your digestive tract. Possibilities from GERD (gastro-esophageal reflux disease) in which there is an abnormality with the sphincter that prevents the reflux (return) of food from the stomach back into the esophagus or the mouth, and other possibilities could also be ulcers in the stomach which cause irritation and discomfort after a meal, and the increased production of gas which can cause symptoms similar to yours.

There could also be a chance of having gastritis. A condition in which symptoms similar to your presentation is present. Do understand that all these conditions are treatable.

The only reason why I cannot make a confirmed diagnosis and inform you is because we need a detailed history from you and also need to conduct a few investigations to support the diagnosis.

In my opinion the best option would be to visit a doctor and get yourself checked.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.