hello and welcome to health care magic,
I am Dr Sriram nathan and I shall try to help you with your problem
In all probably you might have an infection in your tonsils and throat or pharynx and this would have caused your symptoms.
None of these are to be worried. You can easily treat them and you can get back to normal in a week or so! In any case an angina or heart attack
may have similar presentation but there will usually not be an ear pain
which is very characteristic of throat infection
. So do not worry.
In any case you must do these:
1. Take warm water with a little salt and gargle
2. If you have pain then you must start a course of oral or injectable antibiotic like the amox-clav along with oral or injectable pain killers like the paracetamol
. Your doctor will know about this. Injections are known to give faster and better relief.
3. I would usually also start an anti reflux medication
like the pantoprazole
for a week or two
4. Avoid anything spicy and oily for the next one week or two
5. take voice rest for your throat and do not take anything cold. Also do not have anything very hard.
You should feel better in a day or two. If not then you must consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your tonsil and throat. Also take a throat swab and get back to me or any ENT with the report.
hope this helps
Dr Sriram Nathan