Hello and welcome to Health care magic,'
I am Dr Sriram nathan and I shall try to help you with your problem
In all probably you might have an infection in your tonsils and this would have caused your symptoms.
the bumps you see could be just enlarged papillae or follicles which are common during infections of the tonsils and pharynx or throat.
If you have had tonsillitis
before then you may also have the tonsils stones but these are white in colour and usually do not bleed unless you try to remove them.
if your sputum is tinged with blood or orange in colour then you may also have an associated reflux.
None of these are to be worried. You can easily treat them and you can get back to normal in a week or so!
In any case you must do these:
1. Take warm water with a little salt and gargle
2. If you have pain then you must start a course of antibiotic like the amox-clav along with pain killers like the paracetamol
. Your doctor will know about this.
3. I would usually also start an anti reflux medication
like the pantoprazole
for a week or two
4. Avoid anything spicy and oily for the next one week or two
5. take voice rest for your throat and do not take anything cold
You should feel better in a day or two. If not then you must consult an ENT surgeon to evaluate your tonsil and throat. Also take a throat swab and get back to me or any ENT with the report.
hope this helps
Dr Sriram Nathan