Throat ache, ear pain, lumpy pain on swallowing, redness over palatoglossal arch. What should be done?

I have had an aching throat with referred ear pain or the other way round for three to four weeks. I have not had a fever and my throat in itself is not too sore. I feel a littel hoarse also I have a lumpy pain when I swallow which has developed on one side and again feels like in the pit of my ear. I do not appear to have any white spots. My tonsils are not inflamed. The only thing I can notice is that the archway which I believe is called the palatoglossal arch is very red. I am not sure how to follow this up or why the only sign is the redness there.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012