Threw up immediately after eating. Is it a side effect of food?

I went out for dinner tonight with my girl friends one of whom had a beef tartar as a starter. About 15~20 minutes after she s finished it, she had to pay visits to the ladies and over the next half an hour or so, a few more visits. She said everything came out. While eating, she did not spot anything odd in its taste. The food could not have reached the stomach this fast. She was not pale through out and managed to hold the conversation as normal , None of us had detected there was anything wrong. We did not see a typical or obvious reaction to a food poisoning . Is it possible this was caused by something she ate just 15 minutes ago? At what stage of digestion , could one feel the effect of food poisoning and how long i.e. minutes, hours, would that translate into after swallowing the food, please?
Asked On : Tue, 16 Oct 2012