HealthCareMagic is now Ask A Doctor - 24x7 | https://www.askadoctor24x7.com

Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
159 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Thread Red,irritated,swollen,painful While Swallowing And Sneezing,pain Connected To Ears,white Bump On Right Side Inside By Uvula

so im having a problem with my throat . its looks red and irritated and something feels swolen. it hurts to swallow , yawn, and sneeze , and the pain seems somehow connected to my ears. i complained to my mom, and she shined a flashlight down my throat and said that there seemed to be a white bump on the right side, by my uvula. i think i might go to the doctor in a few days if the pain doesnt go away, but i was wondering if i had strep of tonsilitis or something like that. thanks for the help!
Tue, 15 May 2012
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello sugarbear7897. These symptoms could be caused by a variety of illnesses. Some of these illnesses include strep, mononucleosis, sinus disease, etc. I would advise you to go see your physician for a rapid strep test as untreated strep can progress and cause rheumatic fever. The connection to the ears sounds like it could be eustachian tube dysfunction due to sinus disease which can also explain all of your symptoms as well.

Be well, Dr. Kimberly
I find this answer helpful

Note: For further information on diet changes to reduce allergy symptoms or to boost your immunity, Ask here.
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

Recent questions on Streptococcal pharyngitis

Loading Online Doctors....
Thread Red,irritated,swollen,painful While Swallowing And Sneezing,pain Connected To Ears,white Bump On Right Side Inside By Uvula

Hello sugarbear7897. These symptoms could be caused by a variety of illnesses. Some of these illnesses include strep, mononucleosis, sinus disease, etc. I would advise you to go see your physician for a rapid strep test as untreated strep can progress and cause rheumatic fever. The connection to the ears sounds like it could be eustachian tube dysfunction due to sinus disease which can also explain all of your symptoms as well. Be well, Dr. Kimberly