Thorn embedded in skin. Used sterile needle, knife and pressure. What can help?

Hi, I believe I have a cactus thorn embedded under the skin in my leg. I tried to dig it out with a sterile needle and knife, but couldn t find the tip of the thorn. I think it may just be a strained muscle, because it s tender when I apply pressure around the area, and I was doing some rock climbing as well, it doesn t hurt to walk on, only when I twist my leg and then apply pressure. I guess my questions are, A) Is it just a strained muscle or a cactus needle? And B) What will happen if I try to let it fester and come out on it s own, will it eventually dissolve or will it surface over time?
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
Hello, if its a cactus needle the entry point should be visible with a magnifying glass and if it is it cannot be kept inside as it may cause secondary infection and foriegn body reaction so plz consult your doctor
if its a strained muscle pain is obvious with a particular movement of the part which will take 2 weeks to subside and rest to the part is necessary.
take care

©2014 Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.