Third degree sprain, angular fractures. Fitted walking brace, pain, toe numbness. Due to brace?

I suffered form a third degree sprain with possible angular fractures 3 weeks ago. I went into the doc and they fit me with a walking brace and x-rayed it. I went back two days ago the recheck went well and we moved down to a smaller brace. I now am experiencing an extreme amount of pain again as well as the toe next to my big toe is numb. Is this related to the 3 week old ankle sprain or is it weakness from the brace?
Asked On : Mon, 17 Sep 2012