Thinning hair. Stressed, irregular eating habits. What should I do?

hi i am carl and im 16 yrs old, i am an architectural student. im having some hair problems, i have a very seriously thick curly/wavy hair but then maybe 5 to 4 weeks ago i started styling my hair since i intentionally grew it long enough kind of style it and now it got thin and every time i can i see my hair fallout and i can even pull it out with my hands so i stopped using it kindof then mybe 2 weeks ago i have been sleeping late around 2,3am because i have been busy doing plates for my school you know school stuff i could say that i am stressed but im not sure cause i dont know what it feels still energetic and stuff but i have been eating late at night but i think that sleeping that late at night is normal for me until now since h.s. i spent times watchong tv playing my psp and you know... stuff so yeah, no problem with that. so i research it and that it was just normal blah blah 50-100 strands a day asked my uncle about it, so i didnt make a big deal out of it, then just awhile ago i showered (its 3:16pm now while typing this) and ofcourse some hairs were falling out while i was shampooing with my hands, hair in my hands, then i noticed that i tryied to pull out some of my pubic hair i got shocked that i was able to get maybe 4-3-2 every time i try to, so i research more and just got scared of the symptoms etc. what should i do?please help thank you in advance
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012
Hi ,
Thanks for writing in.

Diffuse hair loss is most common type of baldness in your age group.
Stress and irregular lifestyle can cause hair loss
In general measures to avoid hair loss you should
- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are rich in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.

A visit to dermatologist can allow to get some clinic based treatments like Mesotherapy and dermaroller for hair loss.These have faster effect for stopping hair loss.Also few prescription drugs will help a lot.

Hope this helps.
I will be available for follow up.

SKin hair nail specialist