Thin black hair on most areas of body, want to get laser treatments done. Risks and safety in this procedure ?

I am a fair skinned asian woman with thin black hair on most areas of my body. I have made an appointment to get laser treatments on my legs, stomach , chest , arms, armpits, upper back, and face. The thin hairs are barely visible in most of these areas, but I do not even like peach fuzz so I have decided to get rid of it. I had a few concerns I hope you can answer: 1. My doctor is insisting that sessions for all areas are done once a month. I have read that the lower body should be spaced out 6-8 weeks, but he says it is fine. If I go ahead and do this, does it discourage the results? 2. I am told to shave all areas that will receive treatment. My legs and armpits I m fine shaving, but I am REALLY skeptical about shaving my stomach/chest, face, and arms. these hairs are very faint, and I ve never touched most of them before. Just in case the laser treatment doesn t fully work, will this cause these areas to become... gross? Meaning darker and thicker hair growing, bumps, and dryness. I do not want to make my hair situation worse! Thank you for your time and advice.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013