Thickness in veins of scrotum. Is it varicocele? Why has testicle shrunk? Can it be healed?

Hi doctor, I am Prashan (21 yrs old) from Mumbai, India. For the past months I have been feeling a small body of mass and relative increase in the size or thickness of the veins in my scrotum . I suspect it to be a well known cause varicocele . Initially i decided to ignore it and give it time to heal on its own. But very recently i have noticed that the problem has worsened and i can feel a shrinkage in the size on the testicle (right and left). I am really worried as of now seeing the symptoms. As a result i would like you to help me in suggesting ways by which it can be healed without any surgery as the surgery would be a big financial burden for me. I also plan to join the Armed Forces where the medical procedures are very strict and this may become a cause for straight rejection for me. I am very apprehensive right now and very shy to tell my parents about it. A quick reply would be very helpful. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012