Thickening of the breast. Mammogram scheduled. Had a non-cancerous lump in the breast in the past. Need to worry?

I recently had a breast exam and the nurse said I had a thickening of the breast that ended as a shelf over the center of the breast. I have a mammogram scheduled next week. The last mammogram I had 6 months ago showed a small (pea size) tumor that the radiologist said was self-contained and didn t look like a cancer , but he scheduled a 3 month follow-up. So I have had 2 mammograms in the past 9 months. There was no evidence of this thickening at my last appt. 6 months ago. What could this be?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Jan 2013